MontrealAudiClub.com

For Montreal's Audi Enthusiast
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:16 am 

He was the platonic ideal of a good owner: hire smart NBA Live Mobile Coins people, leave them alone, sign the checks and be a visible fan during games. That doesn't sound so hard, so why does he stand out as an anomaly?ZILLER: I'd tend to agree with you about New Orleans, but we know how much GMs love to hire their own coaches. This disaster isn't on Gentry, but he also hasn't exactly distinguished himself, you know?Holt is interesting for two reasons. One, he handed the reins to his wife, not the next generation.

This never happens in sports. So I'm fascinated to see what Julianna Hawn Holt will do differently than Peter, if anything.Second, I wonder how much we credit Holt for not meddling given he's had the best front office and coach combo since the '90s Bulls. I'm not sure how one would even meddle with Buford and Pop! It'd be interesting to see how Holt would be considered if he hadn't struck gold with the current regime (just as imagining alternate realities where Tim Duncan leaves for Orlando in 2000 leaves us wondering about Pop).

Like the Spurs themselves, Holt may not be a good case study because the situation is so unique.Any award drama you're paying attention to? Do you have a read on Coach of the Year?FLANNERY: Plenty of owners have screwed up favorable situations in the past so I'm inclined to continue holding Holt in high regard.

It's all kind of whispered knowledge because the Spurs are so secretive on the details, but they are far more progressive than most organizations. There's luck in the form of the lottery -- and they have had more than any other franchise -- but there's also intelligence in the form of maximizing advantages and they do that better than anyone.

Ah yes, awards. Coach of the Year is going to be the most divisive vote. I can think of a half-dozen outstanding candidates off the top of my head: Terry Stotts, Steve Clifford, Brad Stevens, Dwane Casey, Gregg Popovich and Steve Kerr/Luke Walton. It's like the MVP vote because people get angry if you slight their guy. I lean toward Stotts/Clifford/Pop as my top three but I could be swayed by any of Cheap NBA 2K18 MT the other choices. You have a favorite?Outside of that.